Adventure Guide // Job Description
Casual Position || Weekend Work || Contract Rates
Take Shape Adventures is an adventure and lifestyle company that gets people outside and we need some more staff!
TSA is your personalised avenue to the outdoors offering local and interstate activities from Adventure Weekends, Bushwalks, Racing & Training, Obstacle Courses, and Gourmet Weekends. We offer unique opportunities in a safe, fun, and social way allowing you to relax and enjoy the experience. We are passionate about our friendly and inclusive Adventures Program, and we guarantee you’ll have an amazing time.
We are becoming one of the region’s most respected, go-to adventure companies for the everyday person who wants to explore outside their comfort zone and our field staff are an integral part of that business. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced outdoor person to join our team on a casual basis and assist with guiding our broad range of events. The primary aim of this role is to support clients in the field, physically and mentally. The ideal person can understand the difficulties clients can encounter and be an enthusiastic and supportive leader.
We are one of the only fully licensed Tour Operators in Victoria for bushwalking.
Our events are primarily in Victoria and include days walks, overnight walks, wellness retreats, kayak safaris, yoga & hiking weekends, adventure weekends – plus interstate and overseas hiking trips.
The level of employment will be an agreement between the successful candidate and TSA with regard to our calendar of events and the individual’s availability.
Based in Melbourne.
- To be available on agreed weekends to support and/or lead hiking activities.
- To provide a positive and safe environment for people in the outdoors in a range of pursuits including day, overnight, retreats, and other activities as planned by TSA.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times towards clients, other staff and the general public.
- Must be physically fit, injury free and able to competently carry heavy loads through difficult terrain.
- To support clients in a manner that provides them with a positive outdoor experience which will encourage a desire to continue to participate and extend their outdoor skills and experiences in the future.
- Help with tasks as required, including carrying and preparing food, washing and packing equipment, preparing food etc.
- Be able to assist and/or lead in an emergency situation if required.
- Be able to provide confident First Aid to clients for common hiking injuries.
- Current Driver’s License
- Current Remote First Aid
- Food Handling Certificate
- Working with Children Certificate
- Outdoor Qualifications
- Be a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for the outdoors
- Preferably have extensive experience hiking, bushwalking and camping in the outdoors
- Have the skills to assist others in the outdoors, both physically and mentally
- Have some experience in group management and and understanding of group dynamics
- Have experience in preparing meals in the outdoors using hiking stoves.
- Be reliable and available to work weekends
- Any further skills or qualifications that may assist in leading outdoor activities
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a written response addressing the above Selection Criteria.