Term four is arguably the busiest of the year! As we emerge from Winter everyone starts feeling a little social again, and more to the point all the Christmas parties begin! Being busy almost becomes like a syndrome, and the first things to go are usually your routines of self-care, health and fitness.
It becomes very hard to maintain a good balance, with all the nibbles and glasses of wine that come your way during this time of year, and the later nights making it harder to get up early for your session.
Here are our top 5 tips to stay focused during Term 4, and into Christmas.
- Choose your party and event wisely. Everyone will be having a party, but you don’t honestly have to feel obliged to say yes to everything! If you can, find a way to make them active whether it be some backyard cricket with the kids, or choose events that you can walk to.
- Alternatively driving to events can also be a great decision so you don’t drink to much and then make bad food choices, or stay in bed rather than getting up to go to the gym the next morning.
- Stay away from the H’orderves or bread, you will always eat more of these than you think, especially if there is a whole plate just sitting there drawing you in!
- Book in your sessions and have a goal, don’t let the weeks get ahead of you! If you are locked into your sessions it will be very hard to make excuses, especially when you realise how much better sweating out the toxins can feel!
- Just because you blow out for one day over the weekend doesn’t mean the rest of the year has to keep going that way! Be nice to yourself! You are allowed a slip up every now and again, and the harder you are on yourself, the worse you will feel.
If you want to get yourself locked into a fitness regime before the parties really start filling up the calendar, send us an email to email@example.com and we can help you get your fitness goals organised and on track.