Lerderderg State Park, with its myriad of tracks, gullies, creeks and ridges form a wild, rugged environment in which we will enjoy our first day walk. The striking feature of this area is the 300-metre deep gorge that stretches south to the plains of Bacchus Marsh, almost bisecting the park. Our walk winds explores both the winding scenic valleys and ridgelines plus explores some every unique and interesting gold mining relics. Lerderderg State Park offers a true bush experience and walking is the best way to get to know the park - so join our experienced staff for a fully guided, enjoyable and social day out exploring some wonderful areas.
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 4 hrs - 12km walk
- Walk Grade 3. See description here
- The first half of this walk is along a technical section of trail through the gorge. Then we ascend a steep hill followed by easy walking.
- Some technical track. Great rugged scenery
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
- Park use fees
Location and Departure Time:
- 9am meeting time.
- O'Briens Crossing, Lerderderg, Victoria
- Head out on the Western Freeway
- Take the C318 exit right towards Greendale-Blackwood.
- Follow Greendale-Myrniong Rd and turn right onto Greendale-Trentham Rd
- Turn right onto O’Briens Road.
- Follow the dirt road all the way down to the river crossing
- Look for the TSA banner
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Large drink bottle, or two normal drink bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy walking boots or trail shoes or runners.
- Hat, or beanie
- Medication, camera etc
- A small backpack