Mount Macedon is one of the highest peaks in the ranges and you can enjoy magnificent views from the Mount Macedon Memorial Cross and the Camels Hump. We have to work pretty hard to get up to these wonderful views and this will get heart rates up for sure. This walk explores the full length of the Macedon Circuit and is over 17km in length so be prepared for a long day out as this is one of our longer day walks.
Come and join us and explore this awesome mountain area.
Although long, this is not a technical walk and uses well formed trails.
As always TSA will make sure you have all the food, support and encouragement you need to ensure you have a great day and not only achieve your goals but enjoy yourself along the way.
Nice and close to Melbourne this is an easy walk to get to and well worth the day out.
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 6 hrs - 17km walk
- Walk Grade 3. See description here
- This walk has some moderate climbs and is a long walk and non-technical tracks
- Nice walking tracks and scenery
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
Location and Departure Time:
- 9am meeting time.
- Mount Macedon Hotel.
- Mount Macedon Road.
- Look out for the Take Shape Adventures vehicle or banner
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Drink bottle, or at least 1ltr for cooler weather and two bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy shoes, walking boots or runners
- Medication, camera etc
- A waterproof jacket in case of poor weather
- A small backpack