Join us on this delightful exploration of one of Melbourne's lesser known hills. Easy wide walking tracks combined with views, a gradual ascent make this a great beginner, this is a perfect walk for everyone, whether you are new to bush walking or would just like to be active and meet new people. Do you enjoy the fresh air and getting into nature to escape the chores and routines? This grade 2 walk has a little hill to climb but with an easy wide path and lots of chitchat with new friends you will smash this walk.The climb is gradual and manageable. You will be rewarded along this out and back walk with lovely views over Healesville, Maroondah Reservoir and the surrounding mountains. You also get to experience our yummy homemade snacks, a healthy homemade lunch and some fruit. We finish on a nice downhill too, leaving you with an overall feeling of rejuvenation and satisfaction at having accomplished the walk and a fun social outing that you needed.
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 3-4 hrs - 13km walk
- Walk Grade 2. See description here
- This walk is a gradual up/ then back down... plus some great views
- Non technical walking tracks
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
- Park entrance fees
Location and Departure Time
- Walk departure time is 9:00am
- Meeting location is the end of Mt Riddell Road, Healesville.
- (the east end)
- Look out for the Take Shape Adventures banner
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Drink bottle, or at least 1ltr for cooler weather and two bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy shoes, walking boots or runners
- Medication, camera etc
- A waterproof jacket in case of poor weather
- A small backpack