Get away from sipping coffee on formica table tops and hard chairs and enjoy the fresh air. Let us treat you with jams, scones and morning tea in a tranquil forest setting. A bit more of stroll follows before you can again relax with a healthy lunch. The perfect way to spend your morning in the Dandenong Ranges National Park. It's bigger and wilder than you've ever realised and now is the opportunity to explore it.
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 5 hrs - 15km walk
- Walk Grade 3. See description here
- This is hilly walking on easy trails.
- Good tracks. Wonderful plant diversity.
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
- Park use fees
Location and Departure Time:
- 9am meeting time.
- Woolrich Lookout, Olinda
- Head away from Melbourne towards Mt Dandenong
- Meet at Woolrich Lookout (may appear as either Woolrich Road or Chalet Road)
- Look for the Take Shape Adventures banner
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Large drink bottle, or two normal drink bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy walking boots or trail shoes or runners.
- Hat, or beanie
- Medication, camera etc
- A small backpack