Our Favourite! This is definitely one of the best walks within a few hours of Melbourne. A childhood favourite, this walk crosses the Murrindindi River on a swing bridge then quickly starts a moderate but persistent climb towards the large rock slab. You’ll be mesmerized by this waterfall with its sheet of cascading water that seems to race towards your feet and the waiting rockpool at the base. Continuing up a staircase which ascends the beside the flows, this walk then offers views of the valleys and nearby ranges before taking the steep descent off the other side. Bring some good legs for this one!
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 5 hrs - 13km walk
- Walk Grade 3. See description here
- This is hilly walking on technical trails.
- Wonderful rugged scenery.
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
- Park use fees
Location and Departure Time:
- Follow Melba Highway past Glenburn
- Turn right onto Murrindindi Road
- Continue onto the dirt Wilhelmina Falls Road
- Drive past the Picnic Area
- Continue along dirt road to the Water Gauge Carpark
- Look for the TSA bannerer
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Large drink bottle, or two normal drink bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy walking boots or trail shoes or runners.
- Hat, or beanie
- Medication, camera etc
- A small backpack