Although only 364m high, the You Yangs dominates the surrounding countryside south-west of Melbourne. This means that with just the right amount of challenge, you’ll reach the summit of Flinders Peak and be rewarded with beautiful views of the surrounding plains and the unusual granite outcrops that are unique to this area. After a delicious healthy lunch, you can study the rock in detail as you slip on some special rubber shoes and climb some of the granite boulders...
See our calendar for a list of all our upcoming walks and other events.
- 3 hrs - 12km walk
- Walk Grade 2. See description here
- This is hilly walking on easy trails.
- Good tracks. Wonderful plant diversity.
- Homemade delicious lunch and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides, first aid, insurance.
- Park use fees
Location and Departure Time:
- From Melbourne, head towards Geelong
- Take the Exit to Little River
- Head to Branch Road, Lara.
- Enter You Yangs Regional Par
- Head to Turntable Drive Carpark
- Look for the TSA banner
- Individual transport arrangements - Carpooling is recommended
What to bring:
- Large drink bottle, or two normal drink bottles on a hot day.
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body.
- Sturdy walking boots or trail shoes or runners.
- Hat, or beanie
- Medication, camera etc
- A small backpack