Sleeping bags, loft rating, what and where to buy.
Tents, have a look at ours! Material and costs.
What food to take, energy density.
Lay down on our sleeping mats, from great to not so great.
Let us answer your hiking questions.
Fun social evening with a great atmosphere
Why trust Take Shape Adventures?
We are passionate about taken you off the beaten track, creating positive experiences and memories that will last a lifetime. We are committed to ensuring that our day trips, weekends or tours are unique, attainable, well researched, affordable and tailored for the enjoyment of small groups. Our adventures cater for people from many walks of life, age groups and motivations. We aim to give you the very best of what nature and the outdoors has to offer, leaving you with a smile from ear to ear and a sense of accomplishment.
Book below for the
Hiking Information Evening
See ticket page for next date
7:30pm - 9:30pm.
Feel free to hang around, ask questions
and practice packing up gear!
How to book
This is a super cheap information evening. To let us know you'd to come along, click on the book now button and grab a ticket.
We've also got:
and some yummy protein
balls for you to try.
- How to plan & prepare for a day and an overnight hike (15min)
- Choose a length of time, location, difficulty, navigation, journey or destination, solo,
- Planning your walk
- Weather - hot, cold, rain, river crossings, bushfires
- Stuff sacks which are great to put gear in and keep it safe and dry
- Food quickly becomes a priority for longer hikes
- Water purification
- Clothing and footwear
- Demonstration of gear for overnight hikes (30min)
- Three tents.
- We have a bunch of sleeping mats to test
- Cooking equipment
- Cutlery, crockery and utensils
- Clothing, japaras
- How to make a pillow..
- How to chose an overnight pack, sleeping mat and sleeping bag (25min)
- 4 rucksacks. How much do they weight?
- How big do you need?
- What is your majority of intended walking
- Get a pack that fits
4.Tips on fitness and food for hiking (15min)
- Walking half what you normally can
- Know your capabilities
- Put a backpack on and go for a walk
- Be aware of carrying a weight and the impact on your body
- Couscous is your friend
- High density food
- Test your food, don’t try new stuff
- Hydration - Water bladders or bottles?
5. Question and answer session (15min)