Do we need say much more than one of Victoria's premier walking destinations.
This walk starts right in the middle of Halls Gap and offers wonderful scenery right from the stsrt. A meandering river track leads you away from town before the start of the uphill through some of the Grampians more well known areas such as silent Street and the Pinnacles Lookout. After lunch the trail eases off and you soon reach the hiking only campsite called Bugiga.
This unique raised platform campsite is not found in many parts of Victoria and is a real treat, with its separate tent platforms and large group area. Day two starts with equally impressive views of distant mountain ranges and lakes before the exciting descent towards Lake Bellfield. After lunch you then follow the flat track back into town arriving by early afternoon.
This walk will always be a favourite, and combined with our fantastic food and the social connections on all our events, you are ensured of having simply the best a weekend can offer.
Suitable for both beginner and the more experienced hiker, we can assist with a range of equipment needs, transport and planning so you don’t have to worry.
We have a handy checklist to give you an idea of what items are needed.
See our calendar for the next walk
- 4-5 hr walk with views each day
- 12km day one, 10km day two
- Hikers only campsite with individual raised platforms
- Homemade delicious dinner, lunches and snacks
- Experienced and qualified guides
Location and Departure Time:
- Halls Gap
- Meeting time is 9am in the middle of Halls Gap.
- Before we start, we'll go over packs and gear etc.
- We'll be in the park directly opposite the shops near the pool.
- Walk departs 10:00am
- Walk Grade 3. See description here