Events at this location
Day Walks / Hikes
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share this trip! Download our Kayaking Safari brochure with everything you need to know about this Awesome Adventure!
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Share this trip!
Download our Kayaking Safari brochure with everything you need to know about this Awesome Adventure!
Grade 3: Moderate Fitness Required.
Distance: Day One: Paddle 11km, Walk: 7km Day Two: Optional 4km walk, Paddle 11km.
Double boats provided
No paddling experience necessary.
- Must be able to swim at least 100m
- Due to boat load restrictions there is an individual weight limit of 110kg per person
- Our staff have the right to change your paddle partner or boat position as required
Get on site early for a gear up session and some basic paddling and safety stuff on dry land! We then head onto the water for some quick drills before heading off around the shoreline of Lake Eildon. After lunch on the shore, we head off for a 3hr walk around Blowhard Walk. This is a lovely walk with a tough hill in the middle and some great views over Lake Eildon. We then finish our paddle and set up camp before dinner and an evening campfire. Wake up to a yummy breakfast, have a stretch or go a short invigorating walk, before heading back across the lake to our starting point.
Something new, something different! This is a true adventure in every sense of the word, our two day kayak trip features all the adventure and fun of all our other trips whilst enjoying the wonders that a lake has to offer. There is no need to be an efficient kayaker, you do however need a moderate fitness and a willingness to have a go. We will have a safety boat alongside all the time. We will be paddling about 11-13km each day, and walking 7km on the first day. With all gear supplied and help supplying camping gear too this really is a top notch adventure that you won’t want to miss out on! This is a superb adventure to attend by yourself and make new friends or bring your friends.
Recent Adventures Gallery
- 2 fantastic days of paddling on Lake Eildon
- Paddle briefing to make you confident on the water
- Qualified canoeing guide
- Safety boat for your gear
- Lunchtime walk to Blowhard Spur
- Optional second hike
- Camping gear supplied if required.
- Enjoy a relaxing campfire (conditions permitting)
- All yummy home cooked food
- Great social fun, supportive and encouraging atmosphere
- Paddle tuition
- Support and gear boat
- Assistance supplying camp gear
- All kayaking equipment provided including Double CTR boats, Paddles, Life Jackets, Dry Bag.
- All yummy food for the weekend
- National Parks User Fees
Does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
What to bring:
You don’t need anything special for this trip and will get a gear list prior to the weekend.
- Large drink bottle, or two normal drink bottles on a hot day
- A small backpack
- Medication, camera, etc…
- Hat or beanie depending on weather
- Sturdy walking boots, trail shoes or runners
- Walking clothes, we generally recommend shorts or light pants with layers for your upper body
A comprehensive gear list is provided to participants prior to the trip.
Minimum numbers do apply.
All trips are conducted in easy to use double kayaks. (come alone and we’ll partner you up)
The itinerary including paddle distance, walk and camp location are all subject to change due to prevailing weather conditions.
If you have any further questions, please first visit our Frequently Asked Questions page and if you still can’t find your answer, contact us via our Live Chat or send us an email.
Subscribe to our email list to ensure you get event critical information
24 (Saturday) 9:00 am - 25 (Sunday) 3:00 pm
Lake Eildon, VIC