Become a member today and receive exclusive offers, discounts and more.
We are passionate about taking you off the beaten track, creating positive experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
We are committed to ensuring that our day trips, weekends or tours are unique, attainable, well researched, affordable and tailored for the enjoyment of small groups. Our adventures cater for people from many walks of life, age groups and motivations. We aim to give you the very best of what nature and the outdoors has to offer, leaving you with a smile from ear to ear and a sense of accomplishment.
This is definitely a walk to take slowly as you won’t want to miss a single speck of the scenery at the stunning Bay of Fires, it’s quite unlike anything you have ever seen before. You will find your own connection to the landscapes and enjoy being mindful in such a beautiful, remote part of the world. with lots of peace and quiet beautiful scenery local Tasmanian produce and a group of like-minded people, this is the perfect escape.
If you love white beaches and crystal clear waters this is the tour for you. This tour is for anyone, the grade 2 level means that it is a good introduction into multi-day walking, and with our beautiful accommodation all you will need to carry is a day bag with water and a sunhat (ok, it’s Tassie, maybe a waterproof jacket too) Some general fitness is still required.
This is very much an adventure about yourself coming together with a group of like-minded people and taking on the beauty of the Bay of Fires.
We take on all the cooking, planning and driving for you, and all you need to do is be present! This is the perfect opportunity to explore the remote North East corner of Tasmania, and dive right into the beautiful nature surroundings. Each night will be spent in comfy twin based accommodation meaning you can feel rested and ready to take on the next days adventures!
This is a wonderful adventure to the Bay of Fires and we have walked the area extensively and can personally vouch for its beauty and serenity, however we reserve the right to change the itinerary suject to weather conditions, local factors and group size, preferences.
- Pick up from Launceston Airport or CBD
- Drive across to St Helens, stopping to stretch the legs at the giant timber carvings.
- Have lunch on the coast then enjoy a few hours exploring around Eddystone Point and the Lighthouse. This is our first opportunity to really relax and get a feel for the true wilderness of this coastline. We will be surrounded by white sandy beaches, turquoise waters and impressive boulders, a wonderful place and hopefully great weather so we can dip our toes in!
– Drive to our accommodation at Icena Farm
– Dinner and relax
– Drive to The Gardens and walk the most stunning section of coast, rock pools, orange lichen on rocks reflecting on the azure blue of the ocean. Pearly white sands, oh it’s just lovely! This truly is a Bay of Fires area and we meander along a 3km section enjoy and morning tea on the beach before heading back.
- After lunch and very short drive we set out on the 8km Skeleton Bay circuit walk, where you start on open forest roads and trails allowing you to chat and not have to watch your feet. We then hit the coast and wiggle our way along exploring both coastal forest and rocky outcrops along another excellent section of Tasmanian coastline.
– We will enjoy a leisurely yoga/stretch session to ease out any sore muscles.
– A well deserved wine and cheese tasting
- We will spend the day exploring as there is so much to see in this area!
– Drive to Mount William National Park climb to summit (250m) and then explore more beaches and views of the Tasman Ocean on the Cobblers Rocks circuit. 16km easy grade. This area is rich in wildflowers and home to some very large kangaroos! Another opportunity to walk soft sandy white beaches and feel the sand between your toes.
– Back to Icena Farmhouse for a mindfulness and wellness nutrition session
– Our last dinner together followed by a free night to sit around and chat or play some board games.
- Pack up and leave Icena, with big smiles and promises to return.
- We head to Bridport for a short 5km morning nature walk and morning tea.
– Off to lunch at Jansz Winery and maybe a little taster 🙂
– A quick last stop at Sharmans Wines before jumping on your flight back home.
A comprehensive gear list is provided to participants prior to the trip.
If you have any further questions, please first visit our Frequently Asked Questions page and if you still can't find your answer, contact us via our Live Chat or send us an email.
Bay of Fires Packless Hiking Tour, Musselroe Road, Bay of Fires, TAS Australia
January 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - January 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am AEDT