Download our brochure for all you need to know
Are you ready for an adventure? Imagine exploring a stunning landscape that was formed by an ancient and truly mighty volcano. Welcome to the Warrumbungles National Park, where you’ll walk in the very centre of a volcano and marvel at its breath taking volcanic extrusions which soar up to create amazing rock pillars. And that’s just the beginning.
As night falls, get ready for a sky full of stars that will leave you in awe. Warrumbungles National Park was the first listed Dark Sky area in the Australia, which means you can sit up in the evening and stare in wonder at the bright southern sky. Join local astronomers and learn more about the heavens above as we spend an evening at one of the local observatories.
We’ll hike up rocky outcrops, through sandstone country, and explore the crisp early mornings filled with the sounds of birds and the sight of kangaroos. And don’t worry, you’ll be fully supported by our experienced TSA guides and get to sleep in comfort after enjoying home-cooked meals at our accommodation.
But be warned – this trip is for the adventure lover. With uphill hikes and loose rocky terrain, it’s a grade 4 challenge that requires a reasonable level of fitness. But for those who are up for the challenge, the stunning views and unique experiences will make it all worthwhile. We’ll also get to experience a magical small walk to see local indigenous history. Our last day also has travelling back through the hunter valley where we’ll stop for some local cider tasting ( if time permits).
So what are you waiting for? Join us on this thrilling adventure to Warrumbungles National Park and Hunter Valley for an experience you’ll never forget.
No hassle, no stress
Itinerary, accommodation, food...TSA has it covered! Join us on this adventure without the stress of organisation so you can focus on getting the most out of your trip.
Highly trained and experienced tour guides who bring the adventures to life. Our guides are remote first-aid trained and carry powerful UHF radios, PLBs, and first-aid kits.
Create long-lasting connections and friendships with like-minded people. Our community is one of the largest hiking communities in Australia and we're growing every year!
Hiking and scenery
Experience the best wildlife, scenery, and trails around the world. We take you on the paths less travelled to create unforgettable memories.
- Three nights accommodation in the lovely Warrumbungle Mountain Motel
- A full day walk along the Grand High Tops Circuit – rated as one of the best walks in NSW
- Tracks and trails exploring the INSIDE of an ancient but HUGE volcano – how cool is that!
- Walks through rocky escarpments and sandstone deserts
- Immersing yourself in the beautiful Hunter Valley region
- A star-gazing evening with a local astronomer
- A well designed itinerary to maximise your experience of the Warrumbungles
- Supported by Take Shape Adventures best guides
- Three nights accommodation, twin share
- We base this tour from our twin share accommodation on the edge of the Park.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Our accommodation with prepare breakfast and dinner, TSA will provide all your snacks and our classic lunches to keep you fuelled on the trail.
- Cider tasting at a Hunter Valley venue after a TSA prepared lunch to line the stomachs 😉
- A night exploring the heavens with a local astronomer and telescope viewings, prepare to be amazed.
- Experienced and qualified guides
- Highly trained and experienced tour guides who will bring the adventures to life. All our guides are remote first aid trained and carry powerful UHF radios and PLB’s and first aid kits.
ItineraryDownload the brochure
Day 1 Febar and Macha Tors
Day 2 Grand High Tops Circuit
Day 3 Split Rock Circuit and Siding Springs Observatory
Day 4 Piliga Sandstone Caves and Hunter Valley
AccommodationNestled in a picturesque, quiet and peaceful valley, we stay at the Warrumbungle Mountain Motel. Mostly twin share but single supplement can be requested at an extra cost and depends on availability.
FoodThe food will be provided by both the accommodation venue and your very own guide. We can cater for all dietaries and nutritional needs. We will provide snacks to keep you fuelled on the trail.
Where we're going
What our adventurers have said
Thanks Dan and Marianne and the whole gang on the Warrumbungles trip for taking me out of my comfort zone. Was a great trip! - Donna Winn
Secure your spot with a non refundable deposit, and have the remainder payment be automatically split over additional payments. Proceed with booking to choose your payment option. See here for our payment plan details terms and conditions.